Monday, April 26, 2010

Personal observation

To live your life (and plan it as well) based on your fears and anxieties is an idea I discourage. Too often we doubt ourselves and our abilities. If you think you can rap or sing, then try it out. Don't let your fear of criticism, or anything else, dissuade you. There is a potential in you that may never be realized. I believe, In my mind, that there is "nothing to fear but fear itself" but I, too, fall short of my own beliefs. Perhaps, now that I have blogged I can speak my beliefs into existence.
At any rate, this blog goes beyond rapping and singing. Anything that you think you can do, and that you have prepared yourself to do is something worth pursuing. Even if the anxiety is real keep pushing past it. If the odds are stacked against you then uhhh....think about all the people who've won the lottery.
I watch a lot of Theophilus London's performances and sometimes I am moved by how personal he is in his art. I do not think he would be half as good if he gave 90% as opposed to 100%. Back to my homework.

No comments: